The Office of Disability Services at Georgia Tech does not provide evaluations for disabilities; however, we do provide referrals to the Regents Center for Learning Disorders (RCLD) for testing. If you are unsure as to whether you have a disability, and you would like to have an evaluation completed, please review the information below on obtaining a referral.
The University System of Georgia Board of Regents has established the Regents Center for Learning Disorders (RCLD) for the provision of assessment, resources, and research related to students who have learning disorders that impact academic, cognitive, and/or behavioral/emotional functioning.
RCLD provides assessments for:
- Acquired Brain Injury
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Learning Disabilities
- Psychological/Psychiatric Disabilities
How to Obtain an RCLD Referral
1. Please make an appointment with a Disability Services staff member by calling 404-894-2563.
2. During your appointment, you will be given a referral packet to complete and return. The Disability Services staff member will go over this packet with you in detail.
3. Once you have completed the referral packet, you will schedule a second appointment with a staff member to go over the completed packet. The entire referral packet must be completed before you schedule this appointment.
4. The Disability Services staff member will send the completed packet to RCLD.
5. RCLD will contact you directly to schedule your testing time.
6. After the evaluation has been completed, RCLD will send the results of the evaluation to the Office of Disability Services at Georgia Tech. You must sign a release of information agreement for this information to be released.
7. Please follow up with the Office of Disability Services at Georgia Tech to review the results of the evaluation and discuss appropriate accommodations.
More information can be found on the RCLD website.
Additional Evaluation Resources
In addition to RCLD, assessment services are also provided by the Georgia Tech Counseling Center. The Counseling Center also has referral information for psychologists in private practice: Counseling Center Referral Page. Please note, private practice psychologists typically charge over $1,000 for a full battery of assessments.