Accessibility and ADA Accommodations
The Department of Housing is committed to providing access and accommodations for all students. Students will apply for Housing first. When completing the Housing Application, students will indicate they need housing accommodations. Students are asked to be as thorough and specific as possible when detailing needed housing accommodations.
Emotional Support Animals
To request approval for an Emotional Support Animal:
- Submit diagnosis documentation to the Office of Disability Services. Please be sure this documentation meets the University System of Georgia's documentation guidelines. Most importantly, the documentation you need to submit must address the following:
- Attests to the presence of a disabling condition as defined by the ADA, and
- Identifies the basis for providing passive support (e.g. the ongoing relationship with the animal) or that it serves a defined role in the person’s treatment plan, and states that it is necessary for full participation in or to benefit from particular programs or environments.
- Review the Emotional Animal Policy provided by Housing.
- Add animal information to your My Housing application.