IEPs and 504 plans

IEPs and 504 plans do not exist in the same way at the post-secondary level than they do at the K-12 level. The most significant difference is the role of the school in the provision and implementation of accommodations. At the K-12 system, the school is responsible for both identifying and serving students who need accommodations, auxiliary aids, and services. However, in higher education, students are responsible for identifying themselves to the Office of Disability Services, requesting accommodations, and providing necessary documentation.