Each semester students must initiate the process to send Faculty Notification Letters (accommodation letters) to their course instructors, if accommodations are needed. The student will select which classes to send letters to; verify which accommodations they are requesting; and then submit their accommodation requests through the AIM student portal. Requests will be reviewed by Disability Services staff and then emails will be sent out through AIM directly to the instructor of record for the course.
Note: Students can request Faculty Notification Letters one week prior to the academic term. Letters requested when classes are in session are processed as received, but during busy times of the semester may take up to 48 hours to be sent.
- Log into AIM Portal with your User ID and password. This will land you on your AIM student portal dashboard.
- Select My Dashboard from your AIM homepage, located on the left side of the screen in the gray box.
- Scroll down and select the classes for which you are requesting accommodations.
- Select which accommodations you’re requesting for each course, then scroll down and click on “Continue to Customize Accommodations." (Note: "Exam Accommodations" includes all testing accommodations.)
- Select "My Eligibility" to see a complete list of your approved accommodations.
- Click "Submit Your Accommodation Requests" located at the bottom of the page. Once the Accommodation Request is submitted your request(s) will be put in a queue for review by Disability Service staff. Your letters will be emailed to your Faculty members once the Disability Services staff approves your request (within 24/48 hours).
- Once the request is approved emails will be sent out through AIM directly to the instructor(s) of record for the course (usually within 3 business days of the request). The email will be addressed from the student’s assigned ODS Coordinator (primary advisor in AIM) and the student will receive a copy of each email when the notifications are sent.